Sciemetric is looking for an Accountant to work with our growing team in India.
Sciemetric is a leader in Industry 4.0 technologies for in-process testing, front-line defect detection, and distributed process control, for both manufacturing and industrial applications. Using the sigPOD and Sciemetric EDGE alongside our advanced data analytics platforms, QualityWorX and Sciemetric Studio, we provide advanced defect detection solutions for virtually any repeatable process in a plant.
As part of the TASI Product Integrity group of companies, Sciemetric works alongside other leading test companies Cincinnati Test Systems, innomatec, and Sierra-CP in India. Our India team is in a rapid period of growth, recently moving into a new larger office (learn more), which includes an Engineering Center of Excellence as we redefine leak testing, process control, and data management for Industry 4.0.
Learn more about this exciting opportunity as part of this growing team, below.
Candidate will be responsible for accounting, bookkeeping, reconciliations & tax filings. You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy of GL, AP & AR, helping the month-end close process with the assistance of outside accounting teams, producing accounting information to facilitate monthly financial meetings with key management personnel, managing banking relationships for business purposes, including wires transfers, administration of users on bank websites, and managing outside accounting relationships with respect to audits and preparation of tax returns, etc.
This individual must be strongly customer and employee focused, enjoy working in a team environment and have good accounting, compliance, and communication skills. Establish and maintain relationships with internal divisions, departments, supervisors, and managers.
- Bookkeeping and accounting of Payroll, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger.
- Assist in preparing reconciliations between US GAAP books and India GAAP books, cash matching, bank reconciliations.
- Managing AR Invoicing for domestic, export sales including shipping documents.
- Verification, accounting, and reconciliation of employee reimbursement claims as per group policy.
- Assist in tax filings including:
o TDS payments & returns
o GST payments & returns (Monthly & Annually)
o Income tax returns & advance tax
o Payroll related
- Assist in Month-End/ Year-End Provisions for every account for Finalization.
- Assist in detection and rectification of errors/anomalies in data.
- Clearing all Suspense (i.e., Account Transactions in which purpose/person is not clear or defined).
- Assist in verification and Audit of Accounts with Source Documents and in Compliance with IT Rules.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist in maintaining accounting controls by preparing & following standard procedures.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- All other accounting and bookkeeping duties as required.
Qualifications & Competencies
- B.Com / M.Com / MBA: 1-2 Years of Experience
- CA Inter/ PCC/ PE-1 cleared/ ATC
- Firsthand knowledge and experience in accounting principles and procedures
- Good command on English language
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Manufacturing business environment
- General ledger functions and the month-end/year close process
- Proficiency with email & Microsoft Office
- Salesforce/FinancialForce system experience preferred, not required
- Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP & Ind-AS.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may evolve considering business growth.
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "Accountant - India" in the subject line.