Sciemetric has worked with manufacturers for over 25 years to solve their biggest productivity and quality issues optimize their production lines quickly. Sciemetric’s people are specialists in modern manufacturing and industrial processes, with technology, products, and experience that span the assembly line and beyond. To harness the full potential of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0, it’s not enough to just collect data from processes—you need to collect the right data and be able to access insights to help you improve your line.
Sciemetric’s process monitoring, data collection, and data analytics capabilities help customers achieve actionable insight in real-time. This empowers individuals to become effective agents of change in their organizations and drives continuous improvement in quality, profitability, and efficiency. The breadth and depth of Sciemetric’s expertise comes of walking thousands of manufacturing lines, creating hundreds of applications, and installing thousands of systems worldwide.
The Integrated Services Division (ISD) complements Sciemetric’s core products to offer customer a turnkey, one-stop solution. Our core products are defined as Data Acquisition Systems, Leak Test Systems and the QualityWorX suite of software.
In this role as an ISD Technician, you will report to the Manager, ISD and assist him in delivering these products through the design, build, runoff and test and on-site support phase to the market place. Your ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings, use a variety of tools, creative problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure to meet customer deadlines are key assets to being successful in this position.
- As you work with customers, make sure they have a positive Sciemetric experience and will buy support from us again
- Assemble electrical panels and mechanical systems and ensure they are built to specifications, drawings and timelines
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure correct parts/sub-assemblies and other equipment are delivered in a timely manner and communicate deficiencies, returns, with the Division Manager
- Work closely with customers during build, runoff and buyoff by assisting with and/or performing, inspections, part runs, dry cycling stations, etc.
- Document and communicate issues raised during build, runoff and buyoff to the Manager and assist with resolving and closing these issues
- Provide on-site support at the supplier facility and/or the vendor facility as required
- Keep the shop area organized, neat and clean at all times
- Ship and receive goods. This will require loading/unloading, proper packaging and disposal of waste, and managing packing slips, invoices and any other paperwork
- Assist with keeping inventoried parts and systems organized and tracked
- Be on a rotation of after-hours customer support and/or emergency on-call
- Degree in a Technical field such as Electrical/Mechanical/Controls/Instrumentation or 2 year equivalent experience in an industrial environment
- Proficient at reading and understanding electrical/mechanical drawings and schematics
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and test and maintain these
- Hands-on experience with assembling electrical panels and mechanical systems
- Hands-on experience with computer system for general office work and basic data entry
- Must be organized and systematic with a no-compromise commitment to working safely
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer communication skills
- Must have a passport, valid driver’s license and willing to travel to North American locations
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "ISD Technician - Rochester Hills, MI" in the subject line.