Sciemetric has worked with manufacturers for over 25 years to solve their biggest productivity and quality issues optimize their production lines quickly. Sciemetric’s people are specialists in modern manufacturing and industrial processes, with technology, products, and experience that span the assembly line and beyond. To harness the full potential of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0, it’s not enough to just collect data from processes—you need to collect the right data and be able to access insights to help you improve your line.
Sciemetric’s process monitoring, data collection, and data analytics capabilities help customers achieve actionable insight in real-time. This empowers individuals to become effective agents of change in their organizations and drives continuous improvement in quality, profitability, and efficiency. The breadth and depth of Sciemetric’s expertise comes of walking thousands of manufacturing lines, creating hundreds of applications, and installing thousands of systems worldwide.
Sciemetric assembles and tests our standard products in Ottawa, Ontario (Kanata). We are looking for an on-site manufacturing engineer with experience in electronics to support our assembly and service operations. The candidate will report to the Production Manager and work with the Hardware Manager to ensure Sciemetric can meet our customers’ expectations for lead and time and quality for our diverse range of products.
- Maintain, improve and develop new automated testing equipment (ATE) for electro-mechanical assemblies including data acquisition instrumentation and pneumatic leak test systems
- Maintain transfer standards and in-house calibration procedures
- Support service and production with high- and low-level debugging of component failures and manufacturing issues
- Perform root cause failure analysis and implement permanent corrective actions (PCA)
- Identify and manage supply chain issues for upcoming builds by:
- Sourcing alternate parts
- Qualifying incoming parts and new suppliers
- Implementing incoming inspection protocols
- Managing component obsolescence
- Identifying long lead items
- Generate product, process and quality status reports from production and service databases
- Support new product introduction through the addition of new ATE and initial runs
- Implement bill of materials (BOM) changes through Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and manufacturing deviations (MD)
- Review and update technical content including; schematics, PCB layouts, FPGA logic, 3D and 2D CAD drawings for test apparatus and products
- Complete Bill of Materials (BOM) and manufacturing instructions and look for opportunities to cost reduce manufactured product
- Examine manufacturing processes and recommend improvements and efficiencies
- B.Sc. Engineering (Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechanical / Physics)
- Experience with scripting languages and ATE
- Experience measuring and debugging analog and digital electronics
- Experience with supply chain management
- Experience with ECAD and MCAD systems (e.g., Altium, Solidworks)
- Strategic thinker capable of analytical and tactical execution
- Broad level of understanding of electronic and mechanical systems with high attention to detail so as to understand form-fit-function of individual components
- Commitment to excellence and highest quality
- Must be able to work independently, being highly self-motivated, and with a team
- Quick to react, results oriented and decisive
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Manufacturing Engineer - Ottawa, ON" in the subject line.