We are looking for a hands-on, take-charge project manager to lead exciting new projects. This position is responsible for managing the complete delivery of Sciemetric solutions for our North American customers. The role will involve handling projects from initial concept through implementation and beyond. The ideal candidate should be a seasoned project manager who is both detail and process oriented and can provide technical direction to the team. The project manager will also work closely with our business development team to support sales and commercial activities, including pre-sale trials, order quotation, and the coordination of technical proposals. Once a project has landed, the PM will ensure the project is executed according to plan, on budget, and within customer expectations. Overall duties include the daily management of multiple projects, scheduling of engineers, monitoring of budgets, and triggering of invoicing milestones. Other activities will involve implementing processes and procedures to improve project execution and ensure customer satisfaction and profitability goals are met.
This position requires proven project management skills, as well as a solid technical background in electro/mechanical engineering and experience with high volume manufacturing. We are looking for someone who is both detail oriented and possesses strong organizational and leadership skills.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Successfully manage the daily execution of multiple simultaneous projects
- Coordinate projects from pre-sale stage through to completion
- Understand the project solution to ensure it functions correctly and satisfies customer requirements
- Stay abreast of project issues and ensure that problems are quickly resolved
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Schedule the work activities for engineering resources
- Work with the manufacturing /fabrication dept to ensure coordinated cohesive solutions are delivered
- Lead project kickoff meetings
- Create and closely manage project schedules
- Coach customers on implementation of best practices solutions
- Provide regular feedback to project stakeholders
- Track project issues, milestones, and provide timely alerting of potential changes to the project scope & deployment goals, manage ECRs
- Ensure overall project deployment strategy and project requirements are defined up front and signed off by key stakeholders
- Review quotations, proposals, SOW, and functional specification documents
- Manage project finances including the triggering of invoicing milestones as well as assistance with collections
- Conduct iteration and Project Reviews identifying Lessons Learned and Best Practices.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Post-secondary Engineering education (prefer Electrical or Mechanical)
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience, preferably in the automotive manufacturing or test sectors
- Experience with project planning software (MS Project or similar)
- Superior written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent planning and time management skills and a focus on attention to detail
- The ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities
- First hand knowledge of common manufacturing testing processes such as leak testing, EOL test, and data acquisition systems (for example, Labview, and/or process monitoring)
- Strong technical background – must be adept at quickly learning and explaining complex processes
- Experience with IOT and/or industry 4.0 solutions
- A technical background in automated test & measurement or instrumentation systems
- Direct exposure to high volume automotive manufacturing environments
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "Project Manager - Windsor, ON" in the subject line.