This position requires a capable sales engineer with a strong technical background as well as the commercial skills to prospect/hunt for new opportunities in a defined territory and/or list of named accounts. This role also requires and individual to work collaboratively as part of a larger selling team which includes the support of an applications, engineering, project managers, marketing personnel, and channel partners.
- Meet or exceed company sales targets for the territory and/or named accounts as assigned through a combination of direct sales as well as channel partners.
- Generate revenue and pipeline by expanding existing customer base as well as new account development.
- Demonstrate a hunter drive and maintain a well-defined and documented sales strategy to grow existing customers as well as develop net new accounts.
- Lead sales calls, demos, and support relationships within the territory/named accounts as required to meet sales objectives.
- Maintain the use of company CRM system to prepare pipeline, forecasts, and revenue stream details on a regular basis.
- Develop strong technical knowledge as well as domain expertise with company products and solutions
- Conduct customer visits weekly to grow relationships and increase sales
- Assist marketing in organizing seminars, direct mailers, and trade shows as required
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of customer facing experience in applications or customer support roles
- Strong technical sales and marketing aptitude
- Proven track record of developing new accounts with strong technical aptitude and exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to quickly learn value of our products to the end customer’s and be able to clearly articulate this to customers
- A sound technical understanding in automotive and/or industrial manufacturing processes, industrial automation, test and measurement, and software and hardware systems for quality control
- A good technical understanding of instrumentation, electrical measurements and sensors would be an asset
- Must be able to travel a minimum 50%, and as required to ensure successful execution of business plan
- Need to be willing to prospect for new accounts and be a capable “sales closer”
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker capable of tactical execution
- Good written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Able to understand and effectively articulate technical solutions to potential customers
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with Salesforce
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation and speaking skills