This position requires a capable sales engineer with a strong technical background as well as the commercial skills to prospect/hunt for new opportunities in a defined territory and/or list of named accounts. This role also requires and individual to work collaboratively as part of a larger selling team which includes the support of an applications, engineering, project managers, marketing personnel, and channel partners.
This position could be based in either Cincinnati, OH or Nashville, TN. Please identify which location you are applying for in your application.
- Meet or exceed company sales targets for the territory and/or named accounts as assigned through a combination of direct sales as well as channel partners.
- Generate revenue and pipeline by expanding existing customer base as well as new account development.
- Demonstrate a hunter drive and maintain a well-defined and documented sales strategy to grow existing customers as well as develop net new accounts.
- Lead sales calls, demos, and support relationships within the territory/named accounts as required to meet sales objectives.
- Maintain the use of company CRM system to prepare pipeline, forecasts, and revenue stream details on a regular basis.
- Develop strong technical knowledge as well as domain expertise with company products and solutions
- Conduct customer visits weekly to grow relationships and increase sales
- Assist marketing in organizing seminars, direct mailers, and trade shows as required
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of customer facing experience in applications or customer support roles
- Strong technical sales and marketing aptitude
- Proven track record of developing new accounts with strong technical aptitude and exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to quickly learn value of our products to the end customer’s and be able to clearly articulate this to customers
- A sound technical understanding in automotive and/or industrial manufacturing processes, industrial automation, test and measurement, and software and hardware systems for quality control
- A good technical understanding of instrumentation, electrical measurements and sensors would be an asset
- Must be able to travel a minimum 50%, and as required to ensure successful execution of business plan
- Need to be willing to prospect for new accounts and be a capable “sales closer”
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker capable of tactical execution
- Good written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Able to understand and effectively articulate technical solutions to potential customers
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with Salesforce
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation and speaking skills