Sciemetric has worked with manufacturers for over 25 years to solve their biggest productivity and quality issues optimize their production lines quickly. Sciemetric’s people are specialists in modern manufacturing and industrial processes, with technology, products, and experience that span the assembly line and beyond. To harness the full potential of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0, it’s not enough to just collect data from processes—you need to collect the right data and be able to access insights to help you improve your line.
Sciemetric’s process monitoring, data collection, and data analytics capabilities help customers achieve actionable insight in real-time. This empowers individuals to become effective agents of change in their organizations and drives continuous improvement in quality, profitability, and efficiency. The breadth and depth of Sciemetric’s expertise comes of walking thousands of manufacturing lines, creating hundreds of applications, and installing thousands of systems worldwide.
Working in an Agile/Scrum environment with leading edge programming languages, the Senior Software Developer will be developing products that detect deficiencies and improve production processes for Fortune 500 companies. In this role, you will leverage your exceptional programming skills to meet the high demands and expectations of our global manufacturing customers.
- Translating user stories and functional specifications into meaningful code
- Planning, documenting, and implementing changes to meet target release dates
- Perform development activities in accordance with ISO processes and procedures
- Managing code through source control, automated build process and, in conjunction with the validation department, the product release process
- Complying with documented processes and best practices in keeping with internal and external standards (ISO 9001 certified)
- Coordinating with other developers working on related products
- Interacting with customer support and application installation engineers to support end-customer issues and needs
- University degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience with expertise in:
- Windows applications and services
- Industrial communications protocols (Ethernet/IP, PROFINET, OPC UA, etc.)
- .NET Core
- Computer hardware experience
- Validation/testing experience
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
The following skills are highly desirable for this position:
- Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of network TCIP/IP protocol, topology, and security
- Good organization and planning skills, preferably in an agile environment with a commitment to timelines, estimates, budgets and risks
- Ability to learn and absorb new technologies quickly (self-learner)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Data acquisition
- National Instruments device drivers
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Sr. Software Developer - Ottawa, ON" in the subject line.