Reporting to Software Testing Manager, this position works closely with the product team, to perform all aspects of the software testing of our products over their life cycle to maximize release and field performance and reliability. Beginning at the product design and requirement stage, this position is responsible for the preparation and execution of test strategies, test cases, assisting project development with the resolution of defects and bugs activities. This position requires having a proven track record of delivering quality projects within tight deadlines.
- Work with a team of developers and testers in a highly agile environment to produce quality software to customers
- Participate in agile scrum process, planning meetings, defects triages and documentation reviews
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop, maintain and execute test strategies, test cases and test data to ensure that our products meet and exceed the specified requirements
- Perform analysis and report on test results for product management decision-making
- Apply development and technical skills to all aspects of testing, including automated, functional integration and performance tests and the setup of production like environments including both software and hardware
- Build and maintain functional regression testing suite
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver and collaborate and communicate with team members and community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in software testing
- Experience in testing desktop and web applications along with a basic understanding of hardware and hardware troubleshooting (analog, digital, sensors, etc.)
- Experience analyzing requirements, developing test plans and test cases translating from requirements and preparing test data
- Experience with RDBMS and ability to write SQL statements
- Experience with functional, integration, performance testing including database validations
- Experience using project and test management tools such as Rally, Jira, QMetry, TestRail, etc.
- Knowledge in C#, C++ or any other development languages, Windows operating systems and dot Net environment
- Experience working with Jenkins and Perforce
- Experience in industrial manufacturing, preferably in a company involved with data acquisition and control systems or test technology
- Experience using test automation tools such as Ranorex, TestComplete, Selenium WebDriver, Jmeter, etc.