Sciemetric Instruments is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer, who will offer high-tech in-process testing & data analytics solutions to engineers, sales reps, Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers, and other key decision makers as assigned. This position is responsible for building relationships and networking with current customers while continuing to search for new and developing markets, utilizing technical expertise to discuss the best in-process test & data management solutions for these client’s needs. This role is responsible for proactive outbound prospecting and lead management to expand the company's customer base through increased penetration at existing customers along with new market and account development activity.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a person with intermediate experience in manufacturing assembly & test or sales who would like to develop and grow their knowledge and expertise in the field of in-process testing & hardware/software sales.
- Meet with new and existing customers to discuss new projects, define scope, and generate requests for quotes
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work under minimal supervision required
- Ability to schedule face to face meetings, product demos and produce quotations & proposals
- Maintain an expert level of product knowledge and application technology
- Knowledge and experience in working with manufacturing assembly processes
- Effectively communicate how Sciemetric technology will improve current and new manufacturing processes
- Listen, understand, document, and convey customer requirements
- Present strategies to the company to target, penetrate and develop new markets and new accounts as well as develop corporate accounts with the intent to penetrate the accounts globally
- Perform product demonstrations exhibiting technical proficiency and communicating the appropriate value proposition to maximize the potential of achieving the company's sales objectives
- Respond to technical RFQ’s (Request for Quotations) based upon review of customer’s requirements at their location and see these quotations through to closure
- Perform local/regional training forums on theory and use of testing systems
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE, ME) is preferred
- Experience working with Medical and Automotive customers, is a plus
- Previous experience in manufacturing is desired
- Quick to react, competitive, results oriented and decisive
- Persistent and confident with a problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrates sales aptitude and a positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
Sciemetric has worked with manufacturers for over 25 years to solve their biggest productivity and quality issues, and optimize their production lines quickly. Sciemetric’s people are specialists in modern manufacturing and industrial processes, with technology, products, and experience that span the assembly line and beyond. To harness the full potential of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0, it’s not enough to just collect data from processes—you need to collect the right data and be able to access insights to help you improve your line.
Sciemetric’s process monitoring, data collection, and data analytics capabilities help customers achieve actionable insight in real-time. This empowers individuals to become effective agents of change in their organizations and drives continuous improvement in quality, profitability, and efficiency. The breadth and depth of Sciemetric’s expertise comes of walking thousands of manufacturing lines, creating hundreds of applications, and installing thousands of systems worldwide.
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "Technical Sales Engineer – Rochester Hills, MI" in the subject line.