Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Reports to: ISD Director
At Sciemetric, our culture of Excellence, Teamwork and Family is very important to our business and future. We strive to attract and retain the best team members and to be a Workplace of Choice. Our desired environment fosters team work, learning and creativity. And our teams enjoy a high level of autonomy and responsibility that promotes innovative thinking and ownership.
Our Integrated Services Division (ISD) provides turnkey test systems to global manufacturers. The Project Manager will manage automation projects to meet the schedule, budget and customer requirements. The ideal candidate will be responsible for reviewing project proposal or planning to determine time frame, funding, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Directs program activities pertaining to assembly equipment and coordinates activities of personnel responsible for the design, construction, and implementation of assembly systems; while managing several project simultaneously
- Examines and understands customer-supplied specifications in order to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets these specifications.
- Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the customer requirements as outlined in the approved specification.
- Assists in reviews and approves assembly systems vendors’ proposed designs and processes and follows equipment through all phases of development.
- Construct project timelines, monitor and manager those timelines to achieve all delivery milestones.
- Directs through team personnel the manufacturing facilities, suppliers or others involved in the development and implementation of assembly systems.
- Monitor project closely, providing direction and support to the project team.
- Work cross functionally to ensure project success; including accounting, design, manufacturing, engineering and shipping.
- Ensures that Sciemetric products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Sciemetric’s Core Beliefs
- Demonstrates a commitment to safe work practices while on Sciemetric or the customer’s premises.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 20% Travel required and a valid passport.
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities
- Experienced with automation systems engineering and integration in the automotive and industrial equipment manufacturing industry.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, controls and software engineering terms and principals
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, as well as Google Applications (such as Gmail, Calendar and Docs)
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to travel to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client’s needs.
- Ability to lead/manage engineers and technical trades on project teams.
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work onsite within Sciemetric offices or at customer locations as required.
- Ability to meet deadlines without endangering their safety or that of others, or the integrity of the equipment.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, and maintain a positive working relationship, which at times may be under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering discipline or equivalent experience and one of the following:
- 10+ years of experience designing either in mechanical or controls engineering discipline.
- 10+ years working knowledge of manufacturing type contracts, preferably in the automation or machine tool industries.
- 10+ years working knowledge of equipment, process, and commonly used design practices for automation projects.
- 10+ years in progressive Project Manager experience
This position provides a strong benefit package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, Short and Long-Term Disability, and paid time off; as well as a competitive salary.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "ISD Project Manager" in the subject line.