We are looking for a hands-on, take-charge manager to lead exciting new customer projects. This position is responsible for managing the complete delivery of Sciemetric solutions for our North American customers. The role will involve handling projects from initial concept through implementation and beyond. The ideal candidate should be a seasoned project manager who is both detail and process oriented and can provide technical direction to the team. The project manager will work closely with our business development org to help support sales and commercial activities including coordination of pre-sale trials, conducting quotation reviews, and assisting with the creation of technical proposals.
Once a project has landed, the PM will ensure the project is executed according to plan, on budget, and within customer expectations. Overall duties include the daily management of multiple projects, scheduling of engineers, monitoring of budgets, and triggering of invoicing milestones. Other activities will involve working with supporting departments to ensure the flawless execution of projects, as well as maintaining customer satisfaction and profitability goals.
This position requires proven project management skills, as well as a solid technical background in electro/mechanical engineering, and experience with high volume manufacturing. We are looking for someone who is both detail-oriented and possesses strong organizational and leadership skills. Ideal candidates should also have hands-on experience with the custom machine tool and automation business.
- Successfully manage the execution of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Coordinate projects from pre-sale stage through to completion.
- Understand the project solution to ensure it functions correctly and satisfies customer requirements.
- Stay abreast of project issues and ensure that problems are quickly resolved.
- Provide technical guidance to the application engineering and system engineering teams.
- Schedule the work activities for engineering resources.
- Work with the manufacturing /fabrication departments to ensure coordinated, cohesive solutions are delivered
- Lead project kickoff meetings and regular status reviews.
- Create and closely manage project schedules.
- Coach customers on implementation of best practice and solutions.
- Provide regular feedback to project stakeholders.
- Track project issues, milestones, ECRs, and provide timely alerting of changes to the project scope and/or deployment goals.
- Ensure project implementation strategy and project requirements are clearly defined up front and articulated to key stakeholders.
- Review quotations, proposals, and assist with the creation of SOW and/or functional specification documents.
- Manage project finances including the triggering of invoicing milestones, tracking of ECRs, as well as provide assistance with collections.
- Conduct iteration and project reviews identifying Lessons Learned and Best Practices.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Post-secondary Engineering education (prefer Electrical or Mechanical)
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience, preferably in the automotive manufacturing or test sectors
- Experience with project planning software (MS Project or similar).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management abilities
- The ability to simultaneously oversee multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities
- Able to travel within the USA and Canada
- Firsthand knowledge of common manufacturing testing processes such as leak testing, EOL test, and data acquisition systems (for example, LabVIEW, and/or process monitoring)
- Strong technical background – must be adept at quickly learning and explaining complex processes
- Experience with IOT and/or industry 4.0 solutions
- A technical background in automated test & measurement or instrumentation systems.
- Experience with custom design/build machine tool and automation systems
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Project Manager" in the subject line.