Location: Pune, India
This is a position working for Cincinnati Test Systems at our shared location in Pune.
As a Junior Software Engineer, your primary task will be to implement, test, and maintain software solutions written in C++. Working with our team and through individual efforts, you will be involved in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of instrumentation, design and implementation of test plans, and documentation of final product.
Our customer-focused development means you should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project. Initial duties may include reviewing code, writing documentation, following test procedures, and qualifying instrumentation performance benchmarks. Later duties may include responsibility for production software components. Work could include UI design and/or programming.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree, preferably in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5-8 years of full-time work experience in software development
- 5+ years of programming experience in C++ (full-time experience or coursework or internship)
- Good knowledge of QT framework
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C++ libraries
- Familiar with various design, concurrency and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Model/View architecture
- Knack for writing clean, readable C++ code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with SQL
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as SVN / GIT
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Linux command line usage.
- Experience debugging within an Integrated Development Environment Embedded background is a plus
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
- Exposure to systems within an electronic/electrical or manufacturing setting
- Ability to use electro-mechanical equipment, measurement devices, and test equipment
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "Software Developer (QT) - Pune" in the subject line.