Location: Ottawa, ON
Sciemetric is looking for Sr. Software Developer to be based out of Ottawa to join our multi- disciplinary product development team. We are working to develop our next generation of data acquisition products, which are used to detect deficiencies and improve production processes for Fortune 500 companies. In this role you will leverage your exceptional programming and communications skills to architect and deliver a product that meets the high demands and expectations of our global customer base.
Note that this is a majority in-office position, as it will require routine access to hardware and support manufacturing. Remote work is permitted on an as-needed basis.
- Propose and evaluate software solutions to meet product requirements
- Translate functional specifications into meaningful architecture, design, and code
- Perform development activities in accordance with ISO processes and procedures
- Coordinating with other developers working on related products
- Coordinate with validators to ensure high quality control and stability
- Interact with customer support and application installation engineers to support end- customer issues and needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable expertise in:
- Windows applications and services
- Microsoft Windows Operation System and Device Drivers (e.g. PCIe drivers)
- Interpreted languages
- Computer Hardware
- Windows file system
Additional Desired Skills
- Good organization and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experienced with test-driven development
- Ability to learn and absorb new technologies quickly (self-directed learning)
- Knowledge of:
- Data acquisition principles (experience with sensors, triggering, streaming …)
- Industrial communications protocols (EtherCat, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, OPCUA, etc.)
- TCIP/IP protocol, topology and security
- Experience in low level embedded programming (e.g.)
- VHDL, Verilog
- Bare metal code
Sciemetric has worked with manufacturers for over 40 years to solve their biggest productivity and quality issues and optimize their production lines quickly. Sciemetric’s people are specialists in modern manufacturing and industrial processes, with technology, products, and experience that span the assembly line and beyond. To harness the full potential of the
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0, it’s not enough to just collect data from processes—you need to collect the right data and be able to access insights to help you improve your line.
Sciemetric’s process monitoring, data collection, and data analytics capabilities help customers achieve actionable insight in real-time. This empowers individuals to become effective agents of change in their organizations and drives continuous improvement in quality, profitability, and
efficiency. The breadth and depth of Sciemetric’s expertise comes of walking thousands of manufacturing lines, creating hundreds of applications, and installing thousands of systems worldwide.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Software Dev" in the subject line.