Enjoy being where the action is? Then this is the position for you!
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for technology, a love of challenging work, and a willingness to travel across the globe. Potential candidates should be resourceful, strong problem solvers, and have the ability to think on their feet.
As a key member of the Sciemetric Installations Team, the Application Engineer will be charged with deploying Sciemetric test systems at customer sites throughout North America and the rest of the world. You will work directly with a wide array of blue chip customers to implement test systems and provide advanced technical support.
In this role, you will leverage our proprietary electronic signature analysis software and In-Process Testing (IPT) technology to understand manufacturing process behavior and help customers find defects in their processes. You will create custom applications using our software to acquire, process, and analyze data from analog and digital instruments, and then apply it to manufacturing processes to find defects, improve quality, and increase thru-put. You will have the opportunity to own a project from the start of application development through to commissioning on the customer’s floor. While you will be based in the Detroit -Windsor area, you will have the opportunity to travel throughout North America and across the globe (overnight travel can be 30- 50% of the time).
- Program and configure application software to collect and process data from instruments such as load cells, pressure transducers, linear and rotary encoders, measurement lasers, and accelerometers.
- Apply the appropriate filtering, smoothing, data processing, and statistical analysis techniques to identify key features in a customer’s manufacturing process to find defects and/or anomalies in their parts.
- Configure Sciemetric hardware (PC based) to communicate and extract data from third party devices, PLCs, measurement systems, and bolt tightening equipment using various protocols such as field bus (Profinet, Ethernet I/P, Modbus), file transfer (FTP), OPC, serial, and other data transfer schemes.
- Setup and configure Sciemetric data management host server (QualityWorX) to store test results from plant floor data acquisition systems
- Provide assistance to the sales team by conducting product demonstrations and proof of principle studies.
- Communicate customer requirements to the sales team and explain product capabilities to our business partners and customers.
- Engineering degree (Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronics) or a 3 year technology diploma combined with minimum 5 years relevant work experience .
- Experience in 1 or more of the following areas:
- Manufacturing test processes – experience with plant floor test processes such as leak testing, gauging, engine testing, press force monitoring, or EOL functional test.
- Data Acquisition systems – first hand knowledge of set-up, programing, and configuring of data acquisition platforms. Relevant examples include NI Labview, Morphee, Dewesoft, or similar.
- Instrumentation - experience applying analog or digital sensors such as load cells, accelerometers, encoders, torque transducers, LVDTs, or other measuring devices.
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing. Ideally automotive or medical devices.
- An aptitude for programming (exact language is not important as you will be using our own proprietary programming software).
- Excelling troubleshooting skills combined with strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel in the US, Canada and globally. (approximately 30-50% overnight travel)
- Canadian or US citizenship is required as you must be able to qualify for an USMCA TN visa.
- First-hand experience with the manufacture or testing of medical devices and/or powertrain components
- Knowledge of EV battery manufacturing
- Lua coding background
- NVH experience
- Expertise in leak testing
- Knowledge of signal processing, noise filtering and A/D convertors
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "Application Engineer" in the subject line.