Catching and analyzing defects in real-time helps manufacturers improve production efficiency and achieve higher yields by catching problems when they are the easiest and most cost-effective to fix. However, not all defect detection software and defect detection systems provide the level of insight required to pinpoint specific problems during each operation.
The Sciemetric EDGE and sigPOD platforms integrate measurement, monitoring, data collection, and reporting of Manufacturing 4.0 into each step of the manufacturing process and every critical-to-quality station on your line. These systems deliver data in real-time, so you can catch defects as they occur. In depth, visualized reporting provides valuable insight into your processes, giving manufacturers the ability to analyze and correct the cause of defects quickly and with minimal disruption.
For over 30 years, Sciemetric has been leading the development of data-driven manufacturing technologies for front-line defect detection. Manufacturers across all industries trust our flexible, powerful solutions to help them reach their Industry 4.0 production goals.
Test and analyze any process on your production line
Sciemetric products can be used for virtually any pass/fail test or process in discrete manufacturing. Manufacturers use our product integrity testing tools to monitor and analyze a range of production processes.
- Crimp: Avoid destructive pull tests by monitoring crimp processes in real-time.
- Dispense: Effectively monitor and visualize the dispensing of adhesives, sealants, and lubricants by bead location and width
- End-of-line (EOL): Perform and monitor end-of-line or functional testing of assemblies including press, leak, torque, vibration, and more.
- Leak Test: Optimize your leak tests to provide real-time visibility and detection of defects before they result in product quality issues.
- Press-Fit: Find part issues and identify process or machine issues in hydraulic press, servo-electric press, pneumatic press and mechanical press applications.
- Gauge & Profile: Identify surface defects and incorrect assemblies, and monitor planarity in flat parts.
- Sound & Vibration (NVH): Take a data-driven approach to detect clicks, whirrs, and other unwanted noise or vibration in motorized assemblies.
- Torque: Detect anomalies in torque operations to trace the root cause of various types of manufacturing defects.
- Weld: Monitor and analyze voltage, force, distance, and other variables associated with resistance welding, ultrasonic welding, arc welding and laser welding.
One standard solution for automated defect inspection & analysis
Use the commonality approach to simplify production defect detection
Sciemetric technology can be used for virtually all in-process applications across the production line, simplifying the implementation, daily use and ongoing management of test systems. Using Sciemetric's standard product platform strategy with common hardware and software across the plant offers many benefits, including:
- Easy integration into existing manufacturing process testing systems
- Advanced manufacturing process reporting and analysis
- Real-time pass-fail feedback across multiple testing stations
- Fewer types of test systems to understand and manage
- Standard look and feel reduces training requirements and creates a shorter learning curve
- Easier to clone a station
- And more
IIOT integrity testing means better quality parts, fewer defects
Make it right the first time
Continuous improvement comes from excellent visibility and a thorough approach to understanding the root cause of all process failures using data-driven diagnostics and comprehensive reporting. Contact us to discuss how our defect inspection software and platforms can benefit and improve your production line.