Location: Pune, India
The Technical Writer is responsible for producing product documentation that enhances the user experience. Responsibilities include managing and driving the documentation process, analyzing user requirements and developing or updating documentation to support company products.
- Plan, create, develop, and edit technical documents such as User Manuals, User Guides, Online Help Files, Installation Guides, Training Manuals, Instructional Guides, Release Notes, etc.
- Assess complex requirements and recommend documentation format and structure to meet user needs
- Work closely with our Research & Development, Validation, Marketing and Customer Support groups for document development, updates, approvals and releases
- Research, propose and implement improvements to existing documentation as required
- Ensure documentation development follows the required processes, is delivered on time and at a high standard of quality
- Maintain Corporate Library to ensure accessibility of documentation
- An engineering degree B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.Tech/M.Sc.
- 4+ years of experience as a technical writer
- Experience writing user documentation for both hardware and software products
- Proficient in working with Adobe FrameMaker, Robohelp, XML editor, authoring and other graphics related tools such as Photoshop, Visio
- Experience working with US/Canada partners and flexible to work across partner time zones to suit work requirements
Good organizational skills
Superior English writing and language skills
Have initiative; can work with minimal supervision
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment
Familiarity with Agile development is considered an asset
Apply to email@example.com. Please include "Technical Writer - India" in the subject line.