New version provides added functionality for leak testing as well as other features for manufacturing tests
April 11, 2013 – Ottawa, Canada – Sciemetric Instruments, a developer of signature analysis-based systems for manufacturing test and process monitoring applications, releases PSV 4.1, the latest version of the configurable test software for the sigPOD universal test platform. This release provides additional functionality for leak testing and a number of additional features that improve the performance and expand the flexibility of test and monitoring applications performed by the sigPOD.
PSV 4.1 provides a wider range of new capabilities to further expand the flexibility of the sigPOD system for real-time quality and production monitoring:
- A major new feature is sequencing for leak tests, which can be enabled or disabled on demand by the user and provides valve control in standard and custom leak panels. Users have the ability to customize global state tables and sequence tables that define digital and analog outputs within each location.
- With a customizable global state table, users can now simultaneously control up to 8 digital and 2 analog outputs during leak tests. It can easily be customized by adding and deleting states. Default state tables are also available for the 3521 and 3531 Leak Test Modules. These default tables contain special states for zeroing sensors and dynamically setting analog output values.
- With flexible sequence tables each leak operation includes a sequence table of steps, or states that can be added, deleted or moved in right in the test sequence with easy drag and drops. The user has control each sequence step to start automatically or be triggered when an analog sensor reaches a certain value. A test can automatically abort if a trigger step times out, or finish with a specified output state based on the pass or fail status of the operation.
- Two new analog outputs for the sigPOD 1508 enable the user to configure the system within leak sequences to dynamically control leak panel components such as electronic pressure regulators.
- Users can now check the calibration and valve control at the same time with manual selection of a leak sequence state. It is available on the Sensor screen setup screen for easy setup.
- Multi-point sensor calibration is a feature added to the Sensor setup screen, together with output state selection enables the user for easier sensor calibration in live mode. This enhancement is only available for leak sequencing.
- Leak panel status inputs enables the user with online status checks for up to four leak panels at any given time. During leak tests, the four digital model inputs can be used as leak panel status inputs. Status inputs are currently configured for the 3521 and 3531 Leak Test Modules.
- Leak sequence count-down timer and progress bar is a new visual feature added for leak test progress on the Main screen.
- Separate Model and Test Configuration enables the user to utilize the same test configuration for multiple Model labels, or vice versa, allowing for simplified test setup and tracking of models. This feature is only available for sigPOD units with active EtherNet/IP or Profinet connection.
- The Custom Operation label for sigPOD units connected to QualityWorX (QWX) database allows the user to easily edit the default operation label generated by PSV to identify and separate the data in the QWX database.
Built on advanced and proprietary signature analysis technology, PSV provides the most accurate and insightful defect detection and process monitoring available. It can be used across the production line to monitor quality and production for manufacturing operations such as press-fit monitoring, torque-to-turn, resistance welding, noise and vibration, thermal package sealing, fluid dispensing and functional testing.
sigPOD units are now being shipped with PSV 4.1. Upgrades to PSV 4.1 are available with a Sciemetric maintenance program.