Software combines the best of SPC and process signature analysis, with real-time alerts
Ottawa, Canada, May 12, 2021 – Sciemetric Instruments Inc. (www.sciemetric.com) – a pioneer of Industry 4.0 smart technologies used by global companies to increase yield, improve quality, and optimize processes – has released Sciemetric Studio 2.0, giving manufacturers greater insights from more sources of data to proactively manage their production lines.
Sciemetric Studio has always enabled quick, in-depth analysis of production data from across the plant floor and the enterprise. This includes visualizing digital process signatures, images from vision systems, and scalar data from test and monitoring systems.
Sciemetric Studio 2.0 extends this by also enabling the use of Nelson rules for statistical process control (SPC). Users can enable rules locally and check historical data for potential rule breaches or create alerts for continuous real-time data monitoring. When a process is not performing to specification, Sciemetric Studio 2.0’s new alerting engine captures the data, logs the incident, and can send an alert via email, if desired.
“For the first time through a single software platform, manufacturers can benefit from SPC capabilities to monitor and track the health of a production line in real-time, and then quickly trace and address root cause when an issue does arise using Sciemetric’s proven digital process signature analysis,” said David Mannila, Product Manager for Sciemetric. “Sciemetric Studio 2.0 reflects our commitment to help manufacturers leave no dataset behind as they adapt to compete in an Industry 4.0 world.”
With Sciemetric Studio 2.0, manufacturers can:
- Set, edit and log changes to control limits. View the control limits on trend charts.
- Apply Nelson rules to any feature trend chart and view instances of breached rules. User can locally set which rules to apply to the trend analysis.
- Configure which rules to apply to features and set event triggers.
- Use permission-based rules for user access and configure alert emails for various event types.
- Use the Rules Engine to continuously scan the Sciemetric QualityWorX database and check for instances of Nelson rule breaches for configured features.
- Filter and sort by Event Type, Timestamp, User, Source and/or Action.
Sciemetric’s industry-leading data management and analytics capabilities empower our clients to start using their data today for greater process visibility and control and faster issue resolution. We deliver Industry 4.0 tools for a variety of industrial operations and manufacturing processes. Our expertise and reputation was built over decades working with manufacturers world-wide to solve their biggest productivity and quality issues, and optimize their production lines quickly, through in-process monitoring/testing and practical data analysis. Sciemetric is part of the TASI Group’s Product Integrity organization, with sales and support offices in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., India, and China.